Tuesday, April 04, 2006

"The Look"

"I saw one hanging on a tree in agony and blood, who fixed His loving eyes on me as near His cross I stood. And never till my dying breath will I forget that look.
It seemed to charge me with His death, though not a word He spoke.

My conscience felt and owned the guilt, and plunged me into despair. I saw my sins His blood had spilt, and helped to nail Him there.
But with a second look He said, "I freely all forgive. This blood is for your ransom paid. I died that you might live."

Forever etched upon my mind, is the look of Him who died, the Lamb I crucified. And now my life will sing the praise of pure atoning grace, that looked on me and gladly took my place."

-John Newton/Bob Kauflin (I'm listening to this song from Songs for the Cross Centered Life CD)

"O teach us, Lord, Thy search-less love to know, Thou who hast died!" - James Boyd

"That God could become human, be incarnate, means that humanness can be made sacred, can be sanctified. This means that humanness and sinfulness are not synonymous." - M.S.A.

"Let our gladness proclaim that we serve a good Master." - C.H. Spurgeon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home