Thursday, January 26, 2006

C.H. Spurgeon & A.W. Tozer

Two of my favorite authors right now. I've especially enjoyed reading Tozer's Knowledge of the Holy. There might only be 117 pages but each one is full of deep exhortation and encouragement regarding the attributes of the Lord. I thought I understood a teaspoon of the character of God, His awesome omniscience, omnipresence, immutability and self-sufficiency. This little book exposed a deeper meaning to each wonderful attribute of our Creator's character, His absolute purity and holiness, divine infinitude and wisdom. Without realizing it, I foolishly underestimated His greatness till I opened the pages of this book (::sigh:: the origin of sin - humans assuming that they're more than what they really are). Between meditating on His perfect word and perusing this book, it has drawn my hearts gaze closer to my Savior. I thank the Lord for godly men (and women) who seek only to draw others unto Him!

Child care was on my agenda everyday this week. It was an excellent "boost" in multiple ways. My wallet is grateful, I now know how far my patience "tank" can really stretch (of course, longer than what I thought!), and my reservoir of ideas to keep little ones busy has grown. The biggest challenge was finding ways for a two year old to be content and busy while I read my Bible out loud. :o) ...also, I believe I've met this week's quota for changing diapers.

It was so convenient to have a park within walking distance for me to take the kids to -- and every day was brimming with sunshine and pleasant weather! Here's a picture of my charges (I had about a two second window of time to snap that photo):

I took Shane to Sam Ash (music store) yesterday and we both had fun trying out the bongos!

Grandma and Grandpa, thank you for the box of clothes for Merritt. It came in this afternoon and she has already modeled for us. :o)

During my quiet times this week I've had the pleasure of reading in the Psalms. Here's a verse that brought great encouragement to me: "Wait for the Lord; be strong and let your heart take courage; yes, wait for the Lord." (Psalm 27:14)

Before I sign off I'd like to share this quote from A.W. Tozer's book, Knowledge of the Holy.

"With the goodness of God to desire our highest welfare, the wisdom of God to plan it, and the power of God to achieve it, what do we lack? Surely we are the most favored of all creatures."

"In all our Maker's grand designs, omnipotence with wisdom, shines; His works, through all this wondrous frame, declare the glory of His name." Thomas Blacklock

Sunshine 'n smiles,

Chelsea

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home